Friday, October 10, 2008

Personal business card design

david airey business card design

When it comes to choosing a business card design how fussy are you? It took me a long time to arrive at this design, and even now I find myself wondering how it could be improved upon. This post tells a little about how it’s produced, and of the good customer service I received in the process.

It’s printed on white 330gsm Plike, with single colour black on the front and pearl white foil blocking on the reverse.

david airey business card design

I love the feel of Plike (short for plastic-like). It’s unlike any other business card I’ve felt.

david airey business card design

There were initially problems with the ink off-setting onto the back of another when stacking for delivery. This was due to the substrate needing a special ink, which unfortunately my printer, Splash Print, didn’t know about until after the first run. Splash Print’s customer service was great however. They sent me 100 of the best cards from the first print (which were quite usable), re-ordered more stock and ink to re-do the job, then sent the full amount for no extra cost.

1 comment:

Jack son said...

There are many sizes accessible to improve your leaflet plans. Take a format off the Internet, procure a visual depiction master, or do it without anyone else's help on the off chance that you are sure about your innovative capacities. low cost brochures